Monday, February 4, 2013

(Almost) Free at home Montessori tray for Valentine's Day

Here at the Connor house we've been working on organizing....A LOT! One of the projects that I wanted to incorporate into the kid's room as I worked on the layout was two "works" for each child that was age appropriate, educational, and seasonally themed (because everything is more fun with a theme right?) Okay, maybe not everything....but it sure makes this fun! Plus, they both have a natural love of learning that Montessori inspires. Why not keep the learning going at home?

So, while the room is FAR from done, I started this adventure in creativity; after all, I couldn't miss Valentine's Day. In came Pinterest, which led me to http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/ValentineConversationHeartCountCards.htm

Below are pictures of the finished product, and how it works. Basically, it's a visual for numbers. This is actually a great tray for the kids to do together as Madeline has this skill mastered but Ben is just learning his number recognition.

The only purchase for this project was the paper clips and beads, but sense they will be used many more times, not too shabby. I especially love my homemade lamination job. Extra wide clear packing tape is the trick. And now I don't have to worry about the cards getting ripped:-)

As for the other projects? There will be more pictures to come and I can't wait to post the final product!



No comments:

Post a Comment